An opportunity has arisen for the position of Head Greenkeeper at Greenburn Golf Club located along the Breichwater Valley in the village of Fauldhouse West Lothian.
The candidate must have:
- Relevant Qualifications in Turf Maintenance/Sports Turf Management
- Full clean UK driving license
- Spraying PA1, PA2A &PA6
- Chainsaw qualifications will be an advantage
- Experience in management of Staff
- Financial Control
- Management Reporting
- The Ability to Work as an Individual as well as Part of a Team
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- To prepare and maintain all areas of the golf course and surrounds in accordance with good sports turf management guidelines.
- Management of all fine turf areas as required, to ensure that they are in the best possible condition and to the highest standards of presentation at all time.
- Forward planning to include daily, weekly, seasonal and annual tasks. Planning will be recorded along with other relevant data (weather and irrigation) that will allow analysis to identify trends and developments in the course and its conditions providing better information for future decision making
- To carryout course construction, bunker, tees, greens etc where agreed and as required
- To ensure that all the golf course machinery and equipment is used as per the manufacturer’s general instructions
- To allocate duties to the team appropriately, ensure work is carried out in a timely manner to appropriate standards and with the health and safety of staff and Golfers a priority at all times
This is an excellent opportunity for the candidate to further develop their career in Greenkeeping.
To apply, please send a CV and for more information about the role contact firstname.lastname@example.org