Greenburn Golf Club are recruiting for an Administrator.
This a part-time role (20 hours a week). The successful candidate will be a key contact with the clubs committee and members and will be expected to respond to queries and enquiries relating to the Club.
A knowledge of SAGE accounting would be advantageous, as well as being comfortable raising and sending out invoices. Knowledge of PAYE and VAT is desirable.
The candidate must have the ability to keep records of all aspects of budgeting and utility bills.
A knowledge of Golf is not necessary but would be helpful.
This post would suit someone with a financial background who is able to work on their own initiative and has good communication skills.
Relevant experience and references will be verified.
Salary to be discussed at interview.
Closing date is the 15th of November.
• Collect all monies and receipts from weekly bar takings and reconcile.
• Collect all club monies from Pro-shop and reconcile
• Keep cash book of all cash & bank payments in and out.
• Bank Cash & Cheques.
• Maintain records in SAGE accounting system
• Reconcile clubs bank accounts with SAGE and cash book on monthly basis.
• Check invoices and record on SAGE.
• Ensure cheques are raised and sent out for invoices at month end.
• Update members records with payments received.
• Produce monthly Income & Expense Report for Treasurer.
• Produce monthly cash statement for Treasurer.
• Keep monthly Gas & Electric records (Catering team).
• Produce VAT Returns for club and submit to HMRC on Quarterly basis.
• Submit Fruit Machine income to HMRC on Quarterly basis.
• Assist Treasurer with Annual Budget preparation.
• Provide information to Club Accountant for year end reports.
• Send PAYE returns & payments to HMRC.
• Prepare monthly salaries & pension payments.
• Maintain staff salary records and tax codes
• Issue P45 & P60’s
• Run payroll
Mail & Phones
• Deal with all correspondence in and out of the club (via email/letter) referring to committee as appropriate.
• Respond to phone inquiries and messages
• Pass a file of all invoices received in the mail or via email to the club Bookkeeper on a weekly basis.
• Pass club money collected supported by appropriate paperwork to the club Bookkeeper on weekly basis.
• Pass any invoices for monies paid out by office to the bookkeeper on a weekly basis.
• Act as point of contact for all member inquiries.
• Add new members to Club Systems and issue gold card etc & remove members who resign.
• Keep a record of new and resigned members.
• Issue subscription bills to new members throughout the year
• Maintain members records, re-issue gold cards etc.
• Manage and report on outstanding subscription payments.
• Prepare subscriptions and issue annual renewals to all members following the AGM.
• Oversee all non-greenkeeping contracts entered into by the club and agree changes/renewals with committee.
• Deal with any problems re contracts.
• Arrange access to the club for contractors etc.
• Responsibility for Insurance, Fire, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Risk Assessments etc
• Liaise with Club Steward, Caterer, Club Pro and Match & Handicap.
• Post Notices for members on Club Board.
• Maintain Stationery Supplies etc for office.